The Family Dog Show is always popular and attracts dozens of entries of all breeds of dogs. There are serious classes and fun classes, including some for children only. The competition takes place in a designated area in the Main Arena, close to the parking area. The field has shade adjacent to the hedges, and there is plenty of water available.
There is an entrance fee of £1 per class;
1. AV Puppy Dog or Bitch under one year.
2. AV Sporting Dog or Bitch.
3. AV Non Sporting Dog or Bitch.
4. AV Open Dog or Bitch.
5. AV Veteran Dog or Bitch (over 7 years old)
6. Best Rescued Dog or Bitch.
7. Best Condition Dog or Bitch.
8. Most Handsome Dog.
9. Prettiest Bitch.
10. Waggiest Tail
11. Most Appealing Eyes.
12. Dog or Bitch the judge would most like to take home.
13. Dog most like its owner
14. Best Child handler under 14 years.
15. Best in Show: All First Places Qualify
Rosettes and Prizes are awarded, and there is a Perpetual Trophy for Champion Dog. All dogs must be kept on leads. Dogs not allowed near children’s play area. Owners are responsible for clearing any dog mess.
The organisers will not hold themselves responsible for accidents. The judge’s decision will be final. Classes will be amalgamated if insufficient entries.